Re: subscribe

Robert,

>thanks.  Actually, I was just interested in getting
>on your mailing list to see what gets said when you
>are starting to evaluate our PIII kernels.  Just in
>case some explanation on our part is necessary.

I doubt we'll do much with your PIII kernels until you release the source.
We're not much into using binary-only stuff, particularly since the GPL,
important to a lot of ATLAS users, does not play well with binary-only codes.
Just so you know, you timed against the ATLAS PII kernel, tuned for a 512K L2
cache on your 256K PIII.  I can't say how large the improvement will be, but
on a PII, we get get 73% of peak, and on a PIII with on-chip cache, we get
76%, so that should be the minimum gemm improvement.  It would be easier to
evaluate if you had published GEMM numbers rather than LU; do you have gemm
numbers?

Cheers,
Clint