Stan Green, Jr.
104 Ayres Hall
Knoxville, TN 37996 U.S.A.
Home: +1 423 971 4469
Work: +1 423 974 3735
Fax : +1 423 974 8296
Postscript version of this resume.
- M.S., Computer Science --
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN
- GPA: 3.9/4.0
- B.A., Economics and Business Administration --
- Trinity University, San Antonio TX
- GPA: 3.1/4.0 (Within Majors)
Research Associate -- 8/93 to present
University of Tennessee, Department of Computer Science, Knoxville TN
Full time researcher working for Dr. Jack Dongarra. Duties include:
- Protocol design, implementation, and testing of the Resource Catalog Distribution
System (a scalable WWW resource distributer). Design and instrumentation of
Location Independent File Names (LIFN's - similar to URN/URL's).
- Development of the National HPCC Software Exchange. The NHSE is aimed at
software reuse and collaboration in the High Performance Computing Community.
- Managing 3 employees that assist in maintenance of software.
- Maintenance of a WWW (HTTP, Gopher, FTP, email) site and system
administration of Sun Sparcstation's (running SunOS 4.1.4).
Independent Consultant -- 11/95 to present
Software Engineering Technology Inc., Knoxville, TN
Part-Time System Administrator. Work includes:
- Administering SunOS 4.1, Solaris 2, AIX, and Linux machines.
- Software installation and trouble-shooting, backup supervision, resource
management, hardware and software procurement, and system documentation.
Visiting Researcher -- 7/94 to 8/94
École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Lyon France
Development of PVM++ (a C++ interface to Parallel Virtual Machine)
and software distribution systems such as Resource Catalog Distribution
- Programming Languages
- C, C++, C-Shell, Pascal, Perl, SQL, TCL/Tk
- DNS, TCP/IP, Sun RPC ; Protocols: FTP, Gopher, HTTP ; Firewalls
- Operating Systems
- BSD & System V UNIX (SunOS 4.1.*, DEC OSF/1 V3.*, Solaris 2.*, AIX 3.2),
- World Wide Web
- HTML, CGI Scripting, Log Analysis, HTTPD Server Installation/Maintenance
- Foreign Languages
- French - Intermediate, Spanish - Fluent