Subject: poly2obj part 1 of 4

From: Stewart Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 89 14:07:41 PST

Enclosed and in three mailings following this is the program to convert objects
in Andrew Hume's polyhedron database to objects of the Wavefront Technologies
ASCII object description format.

The manual for 'poly', included in the 'shar' contains additions I noted in
Hume's database, which were undocumented in Hume's manual.  I only guessed at
the interpretation of these object attributes.  I have sent mail to
research!andrew regarding this, but have received no reply.

Due to incompatibilities in my (Sun Microsystems) 'troff' macros, I have
stripped the macro definitions from the beginning of 'poly.man'.  Please
compare this to the original for making determinations of correctness prior
to distribution.

The 'shar' archive for 'poly2obj' consists of four parts.  The following is 'wc'
data for the four files:

    2000    6030   55220 poly2obj.shar1
    2000    6571   68604 poly2obj.shar2
    2000    7104   69767 poly2obj.shar3
    2070    8221   57974 poly2obj.shar4
    8070   27926  251565 total

Thank you.

-Stewart Dickson