Subject: To the PARKBENCH97 BOF

From: Roger Hockney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:39:59 +0000

GREETINGS TO THE PARKBENCH 1997 BOF
                 -----------------------------------
I am not able to attend the Parkbench BOF this year but would like to
make the following input:

Chairman: Please express my apologies for absence to the meeting.

Agenda Item: Low-Level Performance Evaluation tools.
             --------------------------------------
The latest version of the Parkbench Interactive Curve Fitting Tool 
(PICT2) is on my Web page at:

      http://www.minnow.demon.co.uk/pict/source/pict2a.html

I believe that this solves the problem of displaying on different 
sized screens. Please try it and give me feedback (I have had little
so far, so I don't know how worthwhile it is!). 

This plots and allows manual interactive curve fitting of data 
anywhere on the Web in raw-data, Original COMMS1, and New COMMS1 
format. However, it still relies on COMMS1 calculating the least 
squares 2-Para and 3-Point 3-Para fits. 

Agenda Item : Plans for the next Release.
              --------------------------
Just a reminder that New COMMS1 as announced in my email to the 
committee of 16 Feb 1997, was designed as the minimum necessary 
changes to the existing release to solve the problems raised at
the beginning of the year. It involves new versions of 5 routines
and 2 new routines. In addition, the Make files need the 2 new 
routines added where appropriate. We have incorporated these 
changes at Westminster in the existing release without trouble.

I believe that these should be incorported in the next release.

In summary:

New COMMS1

In directory:

http://www.minnow.demon.co.uk/Pbench/comms1/

The 5 Changed Routines:

(1) File COMMS1_1.F replaces

        ParkBench/Low_Level/comms1/src_mpi/COMMS1.f

(2) File COMMS1_1.INC replaces

ParkBench/Low_Level/comms1/src_mpi/comms1.inc

(3) File ESTCOM_1.F replaces

        ParkBench/Low_Level/comms1/src_mpi/ESTCOM.f

(4) File LSTSQ_1.F replaces

        ParkBench/lib/Low_Level/LSTSQ.f

(5) File CHECK_1.F replaces

        Parkbench/lib/Low_Level/CHECK.f

The 2 New Routines:

(6) File LINERR_1.F add as

        ParkBench/lib/Low_Level/LINERR.f

(7) File VPOWER_1.F add as

        ParkBench/lib/Low_Level/VPOWER.f

HAVE A NICE MEETING, and best wishes to you all,

Roger Hockney

-- 
Roger Hockney.  Checkout my new Web page at URL   http://www.minnow.demon.co.uk
University of   and link to my new book: "The Science of Computer Benchmarking"
Westminster UK  suggestions welcome. Know any fish movies or suitable links?