Subject: Gordon conference deadline extended

From: Pat Worley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:53:06 -0400 (EDT)

(Our apologies if you receive this multiple times.)

There is still room for additional attendees at the Gordon Conference on High
Performance Computing, and the Gordon Research Conference administration has
agreed to extend the application deadline. As a practical matter,
applications need to be submitted no later than JULY 1. We will also stop
accepting applications before that date if the maximum meeting size is
reached, so please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in
attending.   

The simplest way to apply is to download the application form from the web
site 

http://www.erc.msstate.edu/conferences/gordon97

or to use the online registration option available at the same site.
If you have any problems with either of these, please contact the organizers
at [email-masked] and [email-masked]. 

Complete information on the meeting is available from the Web site or its
links, but a short summary of the meeting follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1997 Gordon Conference on High Performance Computing and
Information Infrastructure: "Practical Revolutions in HPC and NII"

Chair, Anthony Skjellum, Mississippi State University, [email-masked],
       601-325-8435
Co-Chair, Pat Worley, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, [email-masked],
       615-574-3128

Conference web page: http://www.erc.msstate.edu/conferences/gordon97

July 13-17, 1997
Plymouth State College
Plymouth NH

The now bi-annual Gordon conference series in HPC and NII commenced in 1992
and has had its second meeting in 1995.  The Gordon conferences are an
elite series of conferences designed to advance the state-of-the-art in
covered disciplines. Speakers are assured of anonymity and
referencing presentations done at Gordon conferences is prohibited by
conference rules in order to promote science, rather than publication
lists.  Previous meetings have had good international participation,
and this is always encouraged. Experts, novices, and technically
interested parties from other fields interested in HPC and NII are
encouraged to apply to attend.

The conference consists of technical sessions in the morning and evening,
with afternoons free for discussion and recreation. Each session consists of
2 or 3 one hour talks, with ample time for questions and discussion. All
speakers are invited and there are no parallel sessions. All attendees are
both encouraged and expected to actively participate, via discussions during
the technical sessions or via poster presentations. 

All attendees, including speakers, poster presenters, and session chairs,
must apply to attend. Poster presenters should indicate their poster
proposals on their applications. While all posters must be approved,
successful applicants should assume that their posters have been accpeted
unless they hear otherwise. 

Meeting Themes:
  Networks: Emerging capabilities and the practical implications
          : New types of networking  
  Real-Time Issues
  Multilevel Multicomputers
  Processors-in-Memory and Other Fine Grain Computational Architectures
  Impact of Evolving Hardware on Applications
  Impact of Software Abstractions on Performance

Confirmed Speakers:
  Ashok K. Agrawala		University of Maryland
  Kirstie Bellman		DARPA/SISTO
  James C. Browne		University of Texas at Austin
  Andrew Chien			University of Illiniois, Urbana-Champaign
  Thomas H. Cormen		Dartmouth College
  Jean-Dominique Decotignie	CSEM
  David Greenberg		Sandia National Laboratories
  William Gropp			Argonne National Laboratory
  Don Heller			Ames Laboratory
  Jeff Koller			Information Sciences Institute
  Peter Kogge			University of Notre Dame
  Chris Landauer		The Aerospace Corporation
  Olaf M. Lubeck		Los Alamos National Laboratory
  Andrew Lumsdaine		University of Notre Dame
  Lenore Mullins		SUNY, Albany
  Paul Plassmann		Argonne National Laboratory
  Lui Sha			Carnegie Mellon Univeristy
  Paul Woodward			University of Minnesota