Subject: any pthreads tests???

From: Mary E Zosel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know of any low-level performance tests for pthreads libraries???
I'm interested in both single processor performance of pthreads calls - 
and also multiprocessor (shared memory) calls ... to measure the overhead
of the calls.
  -mary zosel-   [email-masked]

---

From: Mark Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 97 13:32:56 +0000

Mary,

This has been talked about as one of the activities that Parkbench
would be interested in persuing. But, so far we have not had the
time or man-power to follow up our interests.

Ron Sercely at HP/CTCX was particularly interested in this area. Also,
I know the people at Manchester University wrote a bunch of
Pthreads codes - some were benchmarks - for their KSR machine.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

---------------End of Original Message-----------------

-------------------------------------
CSM, University of Portsmouth, Hants, UK
Tel: +44 1705 844285	Fax: +44 1705 844006
E-mail: [email-masked]
Date: 09/21/97 - Time: 13:32:57
URL http://www.sis.port.ac.uk/~mab/
-------------------------------------