Subject: Application submission form

From: [email-masked] (David Walker)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 11:47:07 -0400

I'm trying to put together a submission form for people to use to submit 
applications for inclusion in the ParkBench Compact Applications suite. Also
I'd like to establish a procedure for submission. Below is a first stab at
these 2 things. Please send me feedback. Later this week I intend to send
out a filled in version of the submission form as an example.

David
                 PARKBENCH COMPACT APPLICATIONS SUBMISSION FORM

To submit a compact application to the ParkBench suite you must follow the
following procedure:

1. Complete the submission form below, and email it to David Walker
   at [email-masked]. The data on this form will be reviewed 
   by the ParkBench Compact Applications Subcommittee, and you will
   be notified if the application is to be considered further for
   inclusion in the ParkBench suite.
   
2. If ParkBench Compact Applications Subcommittee decides to consider
   your application further you will be asked to submit the source code
   and input and output files, together with any documentation and papers
   about the application. Source code and input and output files should
   be submitted by email, or ftp, unless the files are very large, in
   which case a tar file on a 1/4 inch cassette tape. Wherever possible 
   email submission is preferred for all documents in man page, Latex 
   and/or Postscipt format. These files documents and papers together
   constitute your application package. Your application package should
   be sent to:
		David Walker
                Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                Bldg. 6012/MS-6367
                P. O. Box 2008
                Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6367
                (615) 574-7401/0680 (phone/fax)
                [email-masked]

   The street address is "Bethal Valley Road" if Fedex insists on this.
   The subcommittee will then make a final decision on whether to include 
   your application in the ParkBench suite.

3. If your application is approved for inclusion in the ParkBench suite
   you (or some authorized person from your organization) will be asked
   in complete and sign a form giving ParkBench authority to distribute,
   and modify (if necessary), your application package.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name of Program         :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submitter's Name        :
Submitter's Organization:
Submitter's Address     :

Submitter's Telephone # :
Submitter's Fax #       :
Submitter's Email       :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cognizant Expert(s)     :
CE's Organization       :
CE's Address            :

CE's Telephone #        :
CE's Fax #              :
CE's Email              :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extent and timeliness with which CE is prepared to respond to questions and
bug reports from ParkBench :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Major Application Field :
Application Subfield(s) :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application "pedigree"  :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May this code be freely distributed (if not specify restrictions) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give length in bytes of integers and floating-point numbers that should be
used in this application:

        Integers :     bytes
	Floats   :     bytes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation describing the implementation of the application (at module
level, or lower) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Research papers describing sequential code and/or algorithms :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Research papers describing parallel code and/or algorithms :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other relevent research papers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application available in the following languages (give message passing system
used, if applicable, and machines application runs on) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total number of lines in source code:
Number of lines excluding comments  :
Size in bytes of source code        :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List input files (filename, number of lines, size in bytes, and if formatted) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List output files (filename, number of lines, size in bytes, and if formatted) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief, high-level description of what application does:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main algorithms used:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skeleton sketch of application:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief description of I/O behavior:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brief description of load balance behavior :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Describe the data distribution (if appropriate) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give parameters of the data distribution (if appropriate) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give parameters that determine the problem size :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give memory as function of problem size :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give number of floating-point operations as function of problem size :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give communication overhead as function of problem size and data distribution :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give three problem sizes, small, medium, and large for which the benchmark
should be run (give parameters for problem size, sizes of I/O files,
memory required, and number of floating point operations) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How did you determine the number of floating-point operations (hardware
monitor, count by hand, etc.) :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------