Subject: We can get ARCO

From: "Michael W. Berry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1993 17:49:39 -0400

Here's an note I recieved from Mosher at ARCO - looks pretty good!
Mike

Date: Wed, 26 May 93 13:48:55 CDT
From: [email-masked] (Chuck Mosher (214)754-6468)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ARCO/Perfect Seismic Benchmark

Version 1.0 of SeisPerf is due for Beta release June 1.  The
suite provides a working seismic processing executive with
examples of common industry algorithms.  Version 1.0 is built
over a simple message passing layer, which calls PVM, P4, or
native message passing services.  The applications call several
of the kernal routines mentioned in the PBWG minutes, including
3D fft's, tri-diagonal and Toepplitz matrix solvers, convolutions,
and integral methods.  The codes are designed to be scalable
from single processor workstations to ~1000 processor MPP systems.

Verification tools include a simple X-windows frame viewer, and
a checksum table that is printed at the end of each run.  The 1.0
release is based on Fortran 77.  MasPar has provided a Fortran 90
port of the codes for their systems, which could form the base for
and HPF version of the codes.

I'd be happy to participate in PARKBENCH and provide support for
including SeisPerf results.

Regards,
Chuck Mosher
[email-masked]

---
Michael W. Berry     ___-___  o==o======   .   .   .   .   .
Ayres 114         =========== ||//         
Department of             \ \ |//__        
Computer Science          #_______/        [email-masked]
University of Tennessee                    (615) 974-3838 [OFF]
Knoxville, TN 37996-1301                   (615) 974-4404 [FAX]