Subject: parkbench informations

From: Thomas Trappenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 01:25:22 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

 I heard from the article in PARALLEL COMPUTING RESEARCH about
 your PARKBENCH initiative. I'm very interested in parallel
 benchmarking and do think that this is a necessary and serious
 scientific discipline. Where could I get a copy of your report
 and where are the benchmark programs available?
 I would be pleased these informations.

With best regards,
                   Thomas Trappenberg

---

From: Jack Dongarra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 93 08:12:50 -0500

>  Where could I get a copy of your report

You can retrieve an up-to-date copy of the ParkBench material from netlib.

1) from any machine on the internet type:
     rcp [email-masked]:parkbench/index index

2) anonymous ftp to netlib2.cs.utk.edu
     cd parkbench
     get index
     quit

3) sending email to [email-masked] and in the message type:
     send index from parkbench

4) use Xnetlib and click "library", click "parkbench", click
   "parkbench/index", click "download", click "Get Files Now".
   (Xnetlib is an X-window interface to the netlib software
    based on a client-server model. The software can
    be found in netlib.)

A report describing the activity can be found in file parkbench.ps.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Jack