Subject: Portland Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 13:19:41 GMT

Portland Meeting
                   ----------------
Message to subcommittee leaders:
(Hockney, Bailey, Hey, Walker, Haupt, Dongarra)
 
The principal objective of this meeting is to present our first year's
work, namely our Report and the first issue of the benchmarks, to the
wider parallel computing cummunity. As you can see from the draft agenda 
already sent, after giving the background and introducing the report, 
I plan to call on each subcommittee leader to present his chapter and 
describe briefly the benchmarks available. Please be prepared with 
appropriate overheads to give a 5 to 10 minute presentation of your 
chapter. 

Can Jack Dongarra, or alternate, also be prepared to make a statement 
about the availability of the benchmark suite, and where and how to send 
in results (I omitted this from the first draft of the agenda). Jack,
are you planning anything by way of demonstration of PDS, after I close
the formal meeting? Most of us have seen it before, but I expect there
will be many people coming who have not. Suppose I add to the agenda,
after Tom Haupt's presentation, an item "PDS and Benchmark availability
(Dongarra)"?

Looking forward to seeing you all again in Portland.

Does anyone know definitely the time on 17 November of our Birds of
a Feather session?

Modifications/additions to the Agenda ASAP please.

                     Roger Hockney (chairman)