Subject: errors in parkbench/solver_pvm and genesis-3.0/solver

From: Winfrid Tschiedel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 14:45:29 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

Currently I am working on a large benchmark, where parkbench / genesis is
required. I suppose there are some source error the solver benchmark :
parkbench/solver_pvm/pvmgrid.F  genesis-3.0/solver/pvm3/solver.F

This program contains a call to pvmfserror - I suppose it should be read
pvmfperror, because this is the only routine I found in the PVM library with
a similar name.
 
genesis-3.0/solver/pvm3/solver.F and genesis-3.0/solver/pvm3/solvern.F
Between PROGRAM statement and #include "messages.h" are two statements
             CHARACTER*80 RCSID
             DATA RCSID / ....
This is not allowed, because the IMPLICIT statement must be the first
statement after the PROGRAM, SUBROUTINE, FUNCTION or BLOCK DATA statement;
if these statements are missing the IMPLICIT statement must be the first
statement. 

I suppose there is another error in this part of the genesis-suite :
( I did not check the code in the parkbench/solver-pvm )
I hope, I understood the README correct, I tried to run the program without
PVM; I is it correct, that in this case you have just to specify -DFAKE for
the proprocessor ? After generating the programs, I started 
solvern - and I got an error because solvern still contains some PVM calls.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Take care,

Winfrid

_______________________________________________________________________________

Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG
D553CC                                     Email: [email-masked]
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6                           Tel. : ++49-89-636-45652
81739 Muenchen                             Fax  : ++49-89-636-45046