Subject: Portland Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 12:53:58 GMT

PORTLAND AGENDA
                           ---------------
Attached is the current version of the agenda. Please broadcast to pbwg-comm
any changes/additions that you want. Mike Berry will then make them, although
I think we have enough on the agenda already, but you may have other ideas for
our schedule of meetings next year.  I leave tomorrow morning, Saturday, see
you all in Portland.
                      Best regards
                              Roger Hockney

                          PARKBENCH AGENDA 
                          ----------------
                          17 November 1993
                       Room A-109, 4:30-6:30pm
           (Birds of a Feather Session, Supercomputing93)
                          Portland, Oregon
                 ----------------------------------

(1) Minutes of last meeting (23rd August 1993)
 
(2) Presentation of first PARKBENCH Report by subgroup leaders:

    (2.1) Chapter-1: Introduction (Roger Hockney)

    (2.2) Chapter-2: Methodology (David Bailey)

    (2.3) Chapter-3: Low-Level (Roger Hockney) 

    (2.4) Chapter-4: Kernels (Tony Hey)

    (2.5) Chapter-5: Compact Applications (David Walker)

    (2.6) Chapter-6: Compiler Benchmarks (Tom Haupt)

    (2.7) Performance Data Base (PDS) 
          and Benchmark availability (Dongarra)

(3) Open discussion on objectives/actions for next year, to be completed 
    by and presented, like to-day, at Supercomputing94, November, 1994:

    (3.1) Update of PARKBENCH Report (with addition of some Compact 
          Applications). 

    (3.2) Second release of PARKBENCH benchmarks. 

    (3.3) First official PARKBENCH paper report of benchmark results.
    
    (3.4) Demonstration of the Performance Data Base (PDS) applied to
          the above results of the PARKBENCH benchmarks.

    (3.5) Demonstration of the Southampton Interactive Graphical Interface
          to the PDS. 

(4) Meetings : Discussion of format for next year.
     
    (4.1) Propose one live meeting at Supercomputing94, one teleconference
          in May 1994 (between a US and UK site, perhaps Knoxville and 
          Southampton), with intermediate business conducted by e-mail 
          (Hockney).

(5) Publication of present PARKBENCH Report, and subsequent updates and 
    results, perhaps as a series of yearly monographs. But which publisher
    might be interested (Hockney)? 

(6) Should PARKBENCH seek some form of sponsorship from vendors 
    (Dongarra)?

(7) Date and Venue of Next Meeting : 

(8) A.O.B.