Subject: Re: t3d resutls

From: Pat Worley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 08:48:15 -0400

> > Ken,
> > > Unfortunately, it appears that the T3D would pose great problems
> > for PARKBENCH utilizing PVM3.3.8.  Hopefully, when the MPI codes are
> > released, we'll be able to get a much easier view.  It turns out that
> > NAS is producing their own vanilla MPI benchmark versions that we will
> > be including within PARKBENCH--this is very fortunate.
> 
> So ParkBench is not suitable for the T3D (nor the T3E when it comes
> out).  Will the MPI version really address the T3D porting issues we
> have uncovered?  I don't think so unless there is a specific effort.
> Does anyone else other than me see that not supporting the T3D (a major
> MPP) is a major short coming of ParkBench?

...

What is the background for this message? What is unfair about using PVM3.3.8?
I have run PSTSWM (one of the compact application codes) with both PVM and
SHMEM on the T3D with no problems, and SHMEM is faster. Is this the issue?

Pat Worley