Subject: Parkbench Benchmarks

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 95 12:07:19 +0000

Do you have any information at this point in time of how close
Parkbench is to becoming a standard benchmark. 

How visible are the benchmark results? 

Which markets view Parkbench results as significant?

Are there any indications that parkbench will displace NAS
as the most important cross-industry benchmark excluding
LINPACK?

Is the working group still active? 

regards
	
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Gavan Duffy	                      | Phone:  +44-353-91-754913
 Technical Computing Group	      | DTN :   7-822-4913
 Digital			      | Fax:    +44-353-91-754444
 Ballybritt, 		      	      | e-mail: [email-masked]
 Galway, Ireland		      | VMS mail : galvia::gduffy	
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (David H. Bailey)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 07:07:57 -0800

The question here is to what extent the vendors are accepting the
ParkBench kernels.  For instance, how many have run the low-level
communication tests, etc.?

BTW, when is ParkBench's next meeting?

DHB