Subject: IO Benchmarks

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 96 11:24:13

I have started looking into IO benchmarks - as per the action from 
the last Parkbench committee meeting.

>From what I can see David Patterson (Berkeley) and Peter Chen 
(Michigan) - see http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~pmchen/ for a list
of their work - have done a considerable amount of research in
the area of IO benchmarks (see "Self-Scaling I/O Benchmarks..." paper
for example).

I would like to approach these researchers to help our activities 
- maybe they would be interested in getting actively involved or 
acting on a consultative basis,  .i.e. giving us some good advice...

I will assume that the committee members do not have a problem with this ?

Regarding an associated matter, it would be useful to get someone 
actively involved with the MPI IO work to work with group within
Parkbench looking at IO benchmarks.

Are there any suggestions of who I could approach ?

Regards

Mark

-------------------------------------
DIS, University of Portsmouth, Hants, UK
Tel: +44 1705 844285
E-mail: [email-masked]
Date: 11/19/96 - Time: 11:24:13 AM
URL http://www.sis.port.ac.uk/~mab/
-------------------------------------