Subject: Benchmarking Workshop

From: David Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 94 09:19:14 -0500

First Announcement: Call for Participation
               Workshop on  Performance Evaluation
                & Benchmarking of Parallel Systems

A joint workshop of various parties that are involved in 
the performance evaluation of high-performance computing systems 
will be held at the University of Warwick (Coventry, England) on 
December 15--16, 1994. Participants will include EuroBen, PARKBENCH, 
and PEPS. Topics include, but are not limited to:

TOPICS:

- Structure of benchmarks.
- Machine characterisation. 
- Monitoring systems.
- Recent results of the various benchmarks.
- New benchmark initiatives and opportunities for cooperation.
- Simulation.
- Interpretation of results.
- (Re)presentation of performance results.

CONTRIBUTIONS:

40 minutes will be allowed for each presentation including 
discussions. However short contributions can be included for 
subjects of sufficient interest. It is our intention to publish
the (possibly selected) contributions either as separate 
proceedings or as a issue of the journal SUPERCOMPUTER. An ASCII 
version of the presentation sent on disk or via email is required
by the 14th of October.

COST:

The workshop fee is  150 Pounds Sterling. The fee includes food 
during the conference, and accommodation on the night of the 15th,
as well as one copy of the proceedings. Accommodation can also be
made available on the 14th for early registrants at 55 pounds for
bed and breakfast, and 20 pounds for dinner.

Program:

The formal program will not be announced until shortly before the 
workshop takes place to allow for maximum flexibility.

NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:

The maximum number of participants is 35 to enable a high degree of
interaction and discussions to take place between participants.

Registration:

For further information and registration details please contact:

Prof. Graham R. Nudd                or; Aad J. van der Steen
Dept. of Computer Science               EuroBen
University of Warwick                   c/o Academic Computing 
Coventry CV4 7AL                        Centre Utrecht
England                                 Budapestlaan 6
Tel +44--203--523193                    3584 CD  Utrecht
Fax +44--203--525714                    The Netherlands
Email [email-masked]            Tel +31--30--531444
                                        Fax +31--30--531633
                                        Email [email-masked]