Subject: Gordon Conference on HPC and NII

From: Pat Worley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 05:18:16 -0400 (EDT)

Just in case you haven't received information on this already, here is a
blurb on the 1997 Gordon conference in high performance computing. 
Unlike previous years, there is not an explicit emphasis on performance
evaluation in this year's stated themes, but you can't (shouldn't) discuss
future architectures and their impacts without discussing how to
evaluate performance, and I am hoping that some benchmarking-minded people
will show up and keep the discussion honest.

---------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------

The deadline for applying to attend the 1997 Gordon conference in high
performance computing is June 1. If you are interested in attending,
please apply as soon as possible. The simplest way to apply is to download
the application form from the web site indicated below, or to use the online
registration option. If you have any problems with either of these,
please contact the organizers at [email-masked] and [email-masked].

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 1997 Gordon Conference on High Performance Computing and
Information Infrastructure: "Practical Revolutions in HPC and NII"

Chair, Anthony Skjellum, Mississippi State University, [email-masked],
       601-325-8435
Co-Chair, Pat Worley, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, [email-masked],
       615-574-3128

Conference web page: http://www.erc.msstate.edu/conferences/gordon97

July 13-17, 1997
Plymouth State College
Plymouth NH

The now bi-annual Gordon conference series in HPC and NII commenced in 1992
and has had its second meeting in 1995.  The Gordon conferences are an
elite series of conferences designed to advance the state-of-the-art in
covered disciplines. Speakers are assured of anonymity and
referencing presentations done at Gordon conferences is prohibited by
conference rules in order to promote science, rather than publication
lists.  Previous meetings have had good international participation,
and this is always encouraged. Experts, novices, and technically
interested parties from other fields interested in HPC and NII are
encouraged to apply to attend.

All attendees, including speakers, poster presenters, and session chairs
must apply to attend. We *strongly* encourage all poster presenters to have
their poster proposals in by May 13, 1997, though we will consider poster
presentations up to six weeks prior to the conference.  Application to
attend the conference is also six weeks in advance.

More information on the conference can be found at the web page
listed above, including the list of speakers and poster presenters
and information on applying for attendance.

----------- End Forwarded Message -----------