Subject: Re: Low Level Benchmarks (fwd)

From: Hans Plum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:46:45 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am the "PMB person" at PALLAS Gmbh. I have heard about your discussions. 
First note that there is a new version PMB1.2, see

http://www.pallas.de/pages/pmb.htm

Also look at the PMB1.2_doc.ps.gz where we try to give the reasoning for
all decisions made in PMB. We think nothing has been designed sloppy ..

PMB has been developed from point of view of an application developer
which I am. Of course a single person's view is limited, but for myself
the information given by PMB provides a solid base for algorithmic
estimates and decisions. That exactly what we wanted: Something EASY 
(and not COMPLETE) that covers may be 80% of the realistic situations.

-------------------------------------------------------------   ---/---
Dr Hans-Joachim Plum        phone      : +49-2232-1896-0          / /
PALLAS GmbH                 direct line: +49-2232-1896-18        / / /
Hermuelheimer Strasse 10    fax        : +49-2232-1896-29       / / / /
D-50321 Bruehl              email      : [email-masked]          / / /  
Germany                     URL        : http://www.pallas.de     / / PALLAS
-------------------------------------------------------------   ---/---