Subject: AGENDA for Portland

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 16:50:47 GMT

I attach my draft agenda for the Portland meeting. Please mail to
pbwg-comm anything you wish adding to this, so that we have some
advance warning of ehat you wish to discuss. Please do so immediately
so that I can have the agenda ready for the meeting.
---------
To Mike : I will edit the agenda in line with responses, and try to get
a revised version to you for reproduction before you leave. When do you
leave Knoxville?
Otherwise we con probably have some copies run off in Portalnd.
------------
                          PARKBENCH AGENDA 
                          17 November 1993
           (Birds of a Feather Session, Supercomputing93)
                          Portland, Oregon
                 ----------------------------------

(1) Minutes of last meeting (23rd August 1993)
 
(2) Presentation of first PARKBENCH Report by subgroup leaders:

    (2.1) Chapter-1: Introduction (Roger Hockney)

    (2.2) Chapter-2: Methodology (David Bailey)

    (2.3) Chapter-3: Low-Level (Roger Hockney) 

    (2.4) Chapter-4: Kernels (Tony Hey)

    (2.5) Chapter-5: Compact Applications (David Walker)

    (2.6) Chapter-6: Compiler Benchmarks (Tom Haupt)

(3) Open discussion on objectives/actions for next year, to be completed 
    by and presented, like to-day, at Supercomputing94, November, 1994:

    (3.1) Update of PARKBENCH Report (with addition of some Compact 
          Applications). 

    (3.2) Second release of PARKBENCH benchmarks. 

    (3.3) First official PARKBENCH paper report of benchmark results.
    
    (3.4) Demonstration of the Performance Data Base (PDS) applied to
          the above results of the PARKBENCH benchmarks.

    (3.5) Demonstration of the Southampton Interactive Graphical Interface
          to the PDS. 

(4) Meetings : Discussion of format for next year.
     
    (4.1) Propose one live meeting at Supercomputing94, one teleconference
          in May 1994 (between a US and UK site, perhaps Knoxville and 
          Southampton), with intermediate business conducted by e-mail 
          (Hockney).

    (4.2) ......... (....). 

(5) Publication of present PARKBENCH Report, and subsequent updates and 
    results, perhaps as a series of yearly monographs. But which publisher
    might be interested (Hockney)? 

(5) Should PARKBENCH seek some form of sponsorship from vendors (Berry)?

(4) Date and Venue of Next Meeting : 

(5) A.O.B.

---

From: "Michael W. Berry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1993 23:50:26 -0500

> a revised version to you for reproduction before you leave. When do you

  Roger, I have recieved no changes to the agenda and I can wait till
  Monday to run off about 100 or so copies.  I'm send this to
  pbwg-comm to solicit other changes to the agenda in Portland.  See you
  in a few days.  I'll arrive Tuesday evening. 

  Mike