Subject: Submitting Parkbench benchmarks

From: Todd Letsche <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 93 21:31:45 -0400

To all those providing benchmarking codes for the Parkbench initiative:

An ftp site has been created to gather the benchmarks for final testing
and packaging.  Since Supercomputing '93 is quickly approaching, please
submit them as soon as possible.

You may submit the code in any archive format you wish (shar, tar, etc.),
but I would prefer that the archives be compressed to help alleviate
disk space problems.  Please remember to change ftp from ASCII to binary
before transferring the compressed files.

I would appreciate if you sent me e-mail after submitting the benchmarks
so that I can contact you if I have any questions or if the transfer is
incomplete.  I will promptly remove the benchmarks from the directory,
do a small amount of final testing, and package them (hopefully) in time
for Supercomputing '93.

Please direct all questions, concerns, complaints, and queries to
<[email-masked]>.

Thank you.

Todd Letsche
University of Tennessee - Knoxville
[email-masked]
Voice: (615) 974-5886
Fax  : (615) 974-8296

[*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]

Information on the specifics of sending the files follows:

Machine name : cs.utk.edu
Login as     : parkbnch            (notice the missing "e")
Password     : hcnbkrap            (login name in reverse )

Example :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
% ftp cs.utk.edu
Connected to cs.utk.edu.
220 cs FTP server (Version 2.0WU(11) Fri Apr 9 16:45:39 EDT 1993) ready.
Name (cs.utk.edu:letsche): parkbnch
331 Password required for parkbnch.
Password: <hcnbkrap>
230-You are using cs's ftp server, a machine
230-maintained by the Computer Science Department
230-at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
230-
230-Be aware that your transactions may be logged.
230-If you don't care for this policy, then don't use this ftp server.
230-
230-
230 User parkbnch logged in.
ftp> binary
200 Type set to I.
ftp> send LU.shar.Z

...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------