Subject: Revised COMMS1 bug fixed

From: Roger Hockney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:25:08 +0000

A bug has been found and corrected in the revised version of COMMS1. On
some but not all compilers, the bug caused the program to crash in
subroutine LINERR when NSBYTE=0 with an out-of-range index.

The correction involves only the subroutine COMMS1.f and the corrected
version of this subroutine (now dated RWH-12-Mar-1997) has been placed
on my Web page:

      http://www.minnow.demon.co.uk/Pbench/comms1/COMMS1_1.F

Please download this new version if you are evaluating the revised
COMMS1 and use it to replace the one dated RWH-11-Feb-1997. No other
routines need be changed.

Please let me know immediately if you have any problems with running the
new benchmark, and send me any results you obtain.

At Westminster we have run it successfully on the Cray T3D at Edinburgh
EPCC. I shall report the results shortly.
-- 
Roger Hockney.  Checkout my new Web page at URL   http://www.minnow.demon.co.uk
University of   and link to my new book: "The Science of Computer Benchmarking"
Westminster UK  suggestions welcome. Know any fish movies or suitable links?