Subject: NA Digest, Vol. 91, No. 9

From: [email-masked] (NA-NET)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 91 12:48:24 -0500

Comment: Submissions for NA News Digest, mail to [email-masked].
Comment: Information about NA-NET, mail to [email-masked].
Comment: Comments about the NA-NET, mail to [email-masked].

NA Digest   Sunday, March 3, 1991   Volume 91 : Issue 9

Today's Editor: Cleve Moler

Today's Topics:

     Congratulations to J-L Lions
     E-mail to Eastern Europe
     New Address for Mike Heath
     Change of Address for Jim Cooley
     Bibtex Reference Base Available
     Numerical Methods in Smalltalk
     Public Domain ODE Boundary Value Programs
     Information Sought on Parallel Computers
     SVD in C or C++
     Solid Dynamics Code Available
     Job Openings at MathWorks 
     Position at the University of Tennessee
     Positions at George Mason University
     Positions at Australian National University
     Grants and Scholarships at RMCS, Shrivenham, England
     Barrett Lectures at the Univ. of Tennessee
     MAPLE Course
     SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing
     Computational Experiments for Numerical Analysis Instruction
     Program to Honor Garrett Birkhoff

-------------------------------------------------------

From: Gene Golub <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 91 21:14:30 PST
Subject: Congratulations to J-L Lions

Congratulations to Prof J-L Lions who has been selected as the Laureate of
the 1991 Japan Prize in the category of Applied Mathematics. He will be
presented the prize in Tokyo on April 25 in the presence of the Emperor and
Empress.

Gene Golub

------------------------------

From: Gene Golub <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 91 22:21:32 PST
Subject: E-mail to Eastern Europe

It is now possible to send e-mail to Eastern Europe. Here are three
addresses you might find of use. I'm sure our colleagues would be
pleased to hear from you.

Gene

Henryk Wozniakowski: [email-masked]
Pal Rosza: [email-masked] 
Vera Kublanovskaya : [email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Mike Heath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 11:21:13 CST
Subject: New Address for Mike Heath

As of March 1, 1991, I have moved from Oak Ridge National Laboratory
to the University of Illinois, where I am associated with the Center
for Supercomputing Research and Development and also with the Computer
Science Department.  My new address, phone, and email are as follows:

Michael T. Heath

Address:
	Center for Supercomputing Research and Development
	305 Talbot Laboratory
	University of Illinois
	104 South Wright Street
	Urbana, IL 61801-2932

Phone:	217-244-6915
Email:	[email-masked]

------------------------------

From: James Cooley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 91 09:50:23 EST
Subject: Change of Address for Jim Cooley

James W. Cooley
Room 105A,  Kelly Annex,
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Rhode Island,
Kingston, Rhode Island, 02881

Tel: (401) 792-5597
email: [email-masked]

------------------------------

From: G. W. Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 10:40:27 -0500
Subject: Bibtex Reference Base Available

I am making my bibtex reference base available by anonymous ftp at

    thales.cs.umd.edu.

The directory

    /pub/references

contains the files README, ref.bib, and bibsearch.tar.

The reference base ref.bib contains approximately 1230 entries and is
growing (it will be updated regularly).  In particular it contains
all the references for my book with J.-g. Sun, Matrix Perturbation
Theory.  Each entry in ref.bib contains a field, labeled kwds, with
key words for the entry.  The file bibsearch.tar contains a program
to search a bib file on these key words.  I have found it useful
either for browsing or for creating impromptu bibliographies.

Other directories on thales that are open to anonymous ftp are

   /pub/reports               dvi files of my recent reports
   /pub/matrixpert            errata for my book

Pete Stewart
[email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Mark S. Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Mar 91 21:06:44 GMT
Subject: Numerical Methods in Smalltalk

Is there any source code available to the public demonstrating
numerical methods in Smalltalk? As a starting point, I'd like to see

    Matrix and Vector classes with methods for matrix operations
    and linear algebra.

    Scalar and Vector Function classes with methods for quadrature and
    nonlinear equation solving and optimization (for starters).

    Anything else that may be useful or interesting to an engineer....

I'm trying to improve my Smalltalk skills so "style" may be more
important than "content" at this point.  I'm building a scalar
"Function" class now for practice and I find that I have more doubts
about my class DESIGN than anything else.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Mark S. Johnson        [email-masked]      (129.65.19.9)
Mechanical Engrg. Dept., California Poly. State U., SLO

------------------------------

From: Frank Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Feb 91 18:39:45 GMT
Subject: Public Domain ODE Boundary Value Programs

It looks like there are not many public domain ODE boundary value
programs in the netlib.  The package provided by the ode in netlib
is about ten years old.  I wonder if anybody knows a more recent 
public domain package that handles the ODE boundary value problem?

Thanks in advance.

Frank Wang @ John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Stefano Foresti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 91 17:58:40 -0700
Subject: Information Sought on Parallel Computers

I am in the process of evaluating parallel computers currently 
available on the market. I am trying to collect useful information 
and tips both at the manager and user levels. I am particularly 
interested in distributed memory machines such as Intel, Ncube, 
Maspar, Connection Machine, etc. 

I would greatly appreciate any contribution from anyone with 
experience on such computers either in research, programming 
or system management.

Stefano Foresti
Utah Supercomputing Institute
85 SSB
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
tel: (801)581-3173  Fax: (801)581-5217
E-mail: [email-masked]     

------------------------------

From: Ron Gallant <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Feb 91 13:37:19 GMT
Subject: SVD in C or C++

Where is there a public domain singular value decomposition routine in C
or C++ in float or double, not complex?  

A complex routine that uses a complex structure or class and does its math 
through function calls or overloaded operators would be ok, anything that's 
easy to convert to double.

Please respond to any of the addresses below.

Thanks,

Ron Gallant

Professor A. Ronald Gallant        Phone:  919-737-2531
Department of Statistics           FAX:    919-737-7591
North Carolina State University    e-mail: [email-masked]
Campus Box 8203                    ftp:    ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu (128.109.212.20), 
Raleigh NC 27695-8203 USA                  user: anonymous, directory: pub/arg 

------------------------------

From: John Prentice <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Feb 91 21:54:57 GMT
Subject: Solid Dynamics Code Available

Our group at Amparo Corporation develops computer codes to model
the continuum physics of solids at extreme pressure and high strain
rates.  The traditional users of our codes have been researchers in
the DoD and DoE working on the design of conventional weapons and
armor.  We would like to push out a bit more however into areas like
the shock synthesis of materials and high pressure research.  We currently
have a new code under development which employs domain decomposition
techniques for modeling large deformation solid dynamics and which has
coupled into it a library of constitutive models for solids.  It is
also fairly easy to add constitutive models.  We expect to be beta
testing late this spring or early summer.  The code is three dimensional,
but can be run as one or two dimensional Cartesian by restricting the
size of the three dimensional mesh.  We have written the code to run
on the Sparc series of Sun computers and the Cray.  Parallel versions
are being experimented with, currently for the Cray and nCUBE.

This code, TOLTEC, is a proprietary product of Amparo, but we do not
intend to charge a fee for it.  It is export controlled however, so
anyone interested in using it has to satisfy and obey certain restrictions
dictated to us by DoD.  We would very much like to see this code used
outside of the government however by universities and industry.  If
anyone out there would be interested in further information on TOLTEC
or would be interested in beta testing it, please contact me.  The kinds
of things that it might be particularly useful for are high pressure research
where you need to understand the hydrodynamics, anything to do with
penetration of solids (for example, trying to design blast resistant
or fragment resistant containers), high explosive simulation, shock
synthesis of materials, etc...  We have a very limited staff, so we
don't know yet how much support we will be able to offer users of the
code, but we will certainly try.  Documentation will initially be
somewhat sparse, but that will improve into the summer.

 -- John

John K. Prentice    [email-masked] (Internet)
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Computational Physics Group, Amparo Corporation, Albuquerque, NM, USA

------------------------------

From: Loren Shure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 1991 2:47:41 PM
Subject: Job Openings at MathWorks 

                   Job Openings at MathWorks

The MathWorks, Inc. is seeking several creative individuals to join the company
to help develop and promote one or more specific applications areas, e.g.,
control systems, digital signal processing, statistics.  The successful
candidates will be experienced users of MATLAB who have written M-files to
solve specific engineering or mathematical problems.  The positions involve
contributing to trade show demonstrations (via written demos as well as
attendance), consulting for the staff and advanced customers on areas of
expertise, and contributing to the MathWorks product line by creating and
enhancing Toolboxes.  Familiarity with a variety of platforms and the C
language is a plus.  In addition, knowledge of robust control techniques and
linear and nonlinear systems is a plus for control engineers.

Applicants should send a resume and a letter describing the way in which s/he
can contribute to the MathWorks.  For those interested primarily in the control
system area, please send material to the attention of Andrew Grace, Email:
[email-masked]; all others send material to the attention of Loren Shure,
Email: [email-masked].

------------------------------

From: Jack Dongarra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 91 16:35:24 -0500
Subject: Position at the University of Tennessee

     Position available at the University of Tennessee

A research position is available in parallel scientific software at 
the University of Tennessee.  The University of Tennessee and the 
University of California-Berkeley are engaged in a cooperative research 
and development project to extend the linear algebra library LAPACK
for high-performance computers.  The goals of the new project, called 
LAPACK II, are producing a core set of routines based on LAPACK for 
distributed-memory computers, developing Fortran 90 and C language versions 
of some of the most important subroutines, writing versions of several 
subroutines to exploit special properties of IEEE arithmetic, and extending 
the capabilities of the existing LAPACK package in areas such as the 
solution of Sylvester equations and the generalized singular value
decomposition.  We expect LAPACK to be used extensively on high-performance
computers.

The principal investigators are Jack Dongarra, University of Tennessee 
and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Jim Demmel and W. Kahan,
University of California at Berkeley, together with Jeremy Du Croz and 
Sven Hammarling at the Numerical Algorithms Group in Oxford.  

The position involves numerical analysis and scientific programming.
Familiarity with parallel architectures and algorithms is also desired.
Additional benefits of the position include a competitive salary,
travel opportunities, access to state-of-the-art computational facilities
(including both parallel architectures and high-performance workstations),
and collaborative research opportunities in a very active research
program in advanced scientific computing.

Inquiries should be directed to: 

Jack Dongarra 
Computer Science Department     Mathematical Sciences Section
University of Tennessee         Oak Ridge National Laboratory 
Knoxville TN 37996-1301         Oak Ridge, TN 37831-8083

Phone: (615) 974-8295, Fax: (615) 974-8296
[email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Andre Manitius <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 91 08:28:38 -0500
Subject: Positions at George Mason University

             Position at George Mason University

George Mason University's newly established Institute for Computational
Sciences and Informatics seeks to appoint one or more senior
computational scientists with an interest in high performance parallel
and vector supercomputing to senior faculty positions in the Institute
and an appropriate academic department. Potential areas of specialization
include: computational physics, space sciences, computational mathematics/
statistics, non-linear science, bioinformatics, scientific visualization
and graphics, and scientific computing. An outstanding record of
research and educational accomplishments is essential. Experience in
securing external grants and contracts is important.

Please address nominations, applications, and requests for information
to: Dr. F. A. Rossini, Provost's Office, George Mason University,
Fairfax, Virginia 22030, tel 703-764-7881; or by electronic mail to:
frossini@gmuvax (Bitnet) or [email-masked] (Internet).

George Mason University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Andre Manitius
Professor, ECE Dept, George Mason University
e-mail: [email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Bob Gingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 9:24:05 EST
Subject: Positions at Australian National University

The Australian National University 
Centre for Information Science Research
ANU Supercomputer Facility

Research Positions 
Advanced Computational Mathematics Software Development

The ANU and Fujitsu Japan have established a large number of research
and development projects in advanced computing and its applications
under the general direction of the Centre for Information Science
Research at the University.  This Centre, established as part of a
strategic plan by the University to create a centre of international
standing, acts as a focus of advanced computing throughout the
University and brings together diverse groups in the Institute of
Advanced Studies and The Faculties involved in advanced computing
research and teaching.

The ANU has assembled one of the most powerful and broadly-based
advanced computing environments to be found in a university.  Advanced
computing resources at the ANU include a Fujitsu VP2000 vector
processor, a Connection Machine with 16K processors and a 128
processor Fujitsu AP1000.  Each machine is capable of peak speeds of
over 1 Gigaflops.

Two positions are expected to become available in a new project to develop
state-of-the-art mathematical software for a parallel vector
processing environment.  Mathematicians with experience in algorithm
and software development are sought to join this project which is
under the direction of staff from the School of Mathematical Sciences
and the Computer Science Laboratory, Research School of Physical
Sciences and Engineering.  Appointees will be expected to interact
closely with these groups which are also engaged in the development of
algorithms and software for the experimental multi-processor AP1000
supercomputer.

These positions are centred on algorithm and software development for
the parallel models of the VP2000 series of vector processors.
Appointees will be required to work on software development for
eigenvalue problems or Fast Fourier Transforms.  Access to a
multi-processor VP2000 series machine will be made available.

Applicants should have a firm background in computational mathematics
and a higher degree in a scientific or mathematical discipline with
considerable research experience.  Less experienced and qualified
candidates may also be considered.  We are particularly seeking
computational mathematicians with an interest in eigenvalue problems
and FFTs.  Experience or a deep understanding of parallel or vector
processing or experience in software development would be very
advantageous.  The ability to complete projects on schedule is
essential.

The duration of the appointment will be initially for one year, but it
is hoped that funding will become available over a longer period.

Persons wishing to take the posts on secondment from other positions
are encouraged to apply.  Appropriate financial arrangements will be
made with the appointee's home institution in this case.

Other appointments will be normally made to an academic position in
the range of Post-doctoral Fellow (Aus$28792-$32762) through to Senior
Research Fellow ($45729-$54255), though appointment at a higher level
may be considered.  The level of appointment will reflect the
candidate's experience.

Further information is available from, Dr R Gingold, Phone: (06) 249
3437 or 249 4519. Fax: 247 3425. E-mail: [email-masked]
Professor R Brent (249 3329) or Professor M Osborne (249 4501).

Applications including curriculum vitae, list of publications and the
names and addresses (including Fax) of three referees should be
submitted in duplicate to The Registrar, The Australian National
University, GPO Box 4, Canberra ACT Australia 2601 by the closing date
(which is not yet determined, but is expected to be the first week of
April).  The University reserves the right not to make an appointment
or to appoint by invitation at any time.  The ANU is an equal
opportunity employer.

  Bob Gingold
  Head, Academic Services
  Supercomputer Facility             Phone:  + 61 (0)6 249 3437 / 4161
  Australian National University     Fax:    + 61 (0)6 247 3425
  GPO Box 4, Canberra, ACT
  Australia   2601                   E-mail:    [email-masked]

------------------------------

From: R. N. L. Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 FEB 91 15:14:03 GMT
Subject: Grants and Scholarships at RMCS, Shrivenham, England

           M.Sc. IN SCIENTIFIC AND APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE

      Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham, England.
      
          GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE - APPLY NOW

      This one-year M.Sc. programme, starting 30 September 1991, has
Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) accreditation, and a 
number of studentships available to cover maintenance and fees.
These grants are open to UK citizens/residents, and in appropriate
circumstances to other European Community citizens, who obtain lower
second class or better honours degrees in relevant subjects. Some 
scholarships covering overseas fees may also be available.
      The course is recognised as an Information Technology (IT)
Conversion course, suitable also for those with limited IT backgrounds.
It aims to prepare students for careers in software development and
scientific, engineering, and numerical applications. The course is 
modular and students choose 8 of the following options:
 Programming Languages    Reusable Software      Expert Systems
 Numerical Analysis       Parallel Processing    Data Fitting
 Software Engineering     Finite Elements        Computer Graphics
 Optimisation             Neural Networks        Formal Methods
A dissertation is undertaken, typically during the last 4 months.
      Royal Military College of Science (RMCS) is a faculty of
Cranfield Institute of Technology. RMCS has college-wide expertise
in information technology available, and students will work in the
Applied and Computational Mathematics Group - a small and friendly
group with  strong research experience. Excellent computing faciliities
are available, including the Group's own network of Sun SPARCstations.
      For further information and application forms, write to:
Dr R.N.L.Smith, ACM Group, RMCS, Shrivenham, Swindon, Wilts SN6 8LA,
England. Or E-mail message to: [email-masked] (janet)  or to
[email-masked].

------------------------------

From: Vasilios Alexiades <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 91 12:50:56 EST
Subject: Barrett Lectures at the Univ. of Tennessee

                  The Department of Mathematics
                              of
             The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
                           Presents

               THE 1991 BARRETT MEMORIAL LECTURES
                              On
                  Non-Convex Problems in PDE's:
                 Equilibrium Theory and Dynamics

                        April 4-5-6, 1991

                      Professor John M. Ball
                           Heriot-Watt 

      Professor L. Craig Evans          Professor Paul C. Fife
              Berkeley                           Utah

      Professor Sigurd Angenent         Professor Giorgio Fusco
              Wisconsin                          Rome

                      Professor James Sethian 
                             Berkeley

      SPONSORED BY:  Science Alliance, 
                   Barrett Memorial Lectures Fund,
                   Air Force Office of Scientific Research 
                   U.S. Army Laboratory Command.

      For Futher Information, Contact:

            Vasilios Alexiades   ( [email-masked] )
            Nicholas Alikakos    ( [email-masked])
            Suzanne Lenhart      ( [email-masked] )

            Phone (615) 974-2461        Fax (615) 974-6576

------------------------------

From: Tom Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Feb 91 21:19:35 GMT
Subject: MAPLE Course

                        THE MAPLE COMPUTER ALGEBRA SYSTEM
                      IN ENGINEERING EDUCATION AND RESEARCH

                               A two day course 
                                May 9-10, 1991
                            University of Waterloo 
                          Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Presented by the Engineering Education Research Center 
             and Symbolic Computation Group 
             at the University of Waterloo, 
             and Waterloo Maple Software.

The course will provide participants with the MAPLE techniques required to solve
complex engineering problems from a variety of engineering disciplines.  It will
cover the basics as well as more advanced programming concepts.  All of the 
sessions will be hands-on using the extensive Waterloo computing facilities.

The course should be  suitable for novice to intermediate users
of Maple.  Even if you've had a considerable experience with Maple, we
believe that the problem-oriented approach that we will take will
provide you with many practical techniques for your own work.

Experts from the Maple development organizations will be present at
all times to answer your questions on anything from Maple syntax to
philosophies behind why and how Maple does certain things.  This will
also be a chance for you influence the future evolution of Maple. The
Maple group is very interested in and responsive to user
suggestions.

Advisory Commitee:

Dr. William J. Wilson
Electrical and Computer Engineering

Dr. Glenn R. Heppler
Systems Design Engineering

Dr. Keith O. Geddes
Computer Science

Tom Lee, Course Coordinator
Engineering Education Research Center
University of Waterloo,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
N2L 3G1

FAX: (519) 888-4521
Tel: (519) 885-1211 ext 2522
Email: [email-masked]

------------------------------

From: SIAM Publications Department <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 91 09:34 EDT
Subject: SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing

Dear Colleague:

Just a friendly reminder...  the deadline for advance registration for the
Fifth SIAM Conference on Parallel Processing for Scientific Computing, which
will be held March 25-27, 1991 at the Westin Galleria Hotel in Houston is
March 18, 1991.  If you have already sent in your registration, we thank you
for sending it promptly.  If you have not mailed your registration, please
contact SIAM by telephone, 215-382-9800, FAX 215-386-7999, or E-mail to
[email-masked].  Indicate type of credit card, number, expiration
date, name of conference, amount, your name, address and telephone number...
SIAM accepts VISA, Master Card, and American Express for payment of
registration fees and special functions.

If you have not yet made your hotel reservations, we suggest that you do so
promptly by calling the hotel at 1-713-960-8100.  Specially discounted airline
tickets can be obtained by calling the Continental Airlines Convention Desk
(SIAM Easy Access Code: EZ#3P34) at 1-800-468-7022.  For both hotel and
airline reservations, be certain to mention that you are attending the SIAM
meeting in order to take advantage of the discounted rates.  The deadline for
hotel reservation is March 8, 1991.

Thank you for your interest in this conference.  We look forward to seeing you
in Houston.

[email-masked]

------------------------------

From: Dave Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 91 14:21:49 EST
Subject: Computational Experiments for Numerical Analysis Instruction

A minisymposium, "Computational Experiments for Numerical Analysis
Instruction", is being organized as part of the American Mathematical Society's
Eastern Section Meeting in Philadelphia. The meeting will be held at Temple
University Center City Campus on Saturday and Sunday, October 12 and 13, 1991.

The objective is to share instructional computational experiments that help
illuminate a topic in numerical analysis. The experiment can be a classroom
demonstration or a student laboratory assignment. The presentation could focus
on a particular technique, algorithm, or class of problems. Your discussion
should indicate the intended audience, the background in the course preceding
the experiment, tools (computer and/or software) required, options for
extensions, and relationships to other topics in your course.

Please interpret numerical analysis in a broad sense.

For consideration for participation in the minisymposium send a short
description of the experiment including the software and/or hardware required
to:

            Dr. David R. Hill
            Mathematics Department
            Temple University
            Philadelphia, Pa. 19122
            Email: [email-masked]
            Phone: 215-787-1654

Abstracts should be received by June 1, 1991. (No funds are available for
support of minisymposium participants. Overhead projectors will be available,
but computer projection capabilities are unknown at this time.)

------------------------------

From: Robert Vichnevetsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 13:43:50 EST
Subject: Program to Honor Garrett Birkhoff

		A MEETING TO HONOR GARRETT BIRKHOFF 
			ON HIS 80TH BIRTHDAY	
			
There will be, on Friday June 28,  1991, a special  one-day program of
invited technical  presentations at Harvard  University to honor Prof.
Garrett Birkhoff  on the occasion of  his 80th Birthday.  This program
is part of, and is scheduled to  take place  at  the  end of the IMACS
INTERNATIONAL  SYMPOSIUM ON  COMPUTATIONAL  ACOUSTICS at Harvard, that
begins  on Wednesday, June  26 and ends  on  Friday  the 28th (Garrett
Birkhoff's birthday  was actually on January  11, but it was felt that
honoring him in June, and at the end of a Symposium on a  subject that
is  closely related  to   his   many accomplishment  would  give    an
opportunity  to more of his past  students, friends and colleagues  to
participate).  This  day  of presentations,  organized  and chaired by
Richard Varga, will be  followed by a Banquet  (at the JFK Center)  on
Friday night.  

	  	   SPEAKERS IN THE SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM

WILLIAM F. AMES, Georgia Institute of Technology
JERRY L. BONA, Pennsylvania State University
CARL DE BOOR, University of Wisconsin
PETER J. OLVER, University of Minnesota
MARTIN H. SCHULTZ, Yale University
RICHARD S. VARGA, Kent State University
ROBERT VICHNEVETSKY, Rutgers University
CALVIN H. WILCOX, University of Utah
DAVID M. YOUNG, University of Texas

While this special program is open to all, preregistration will be
appreciated. Moreover, pre- registration for the Friday night Banquet
should be received no later than May 31, to allow for the ordering of
meals.

An invitation and details about the program will  be sent to those who
have pre registered.

Additional information may be obtained by contacting Prof.   R.  Varga
(Mathematics,     Kent State University,    Kent,   OH  44242  e-mail:
[email-masked])) or the  IMACS  Secretary Karen Hahn  (IMACS,  c/o
Computer Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, e-mail:
[email-masked],  FAX 908-932-5530)   or the Symposium  Secretary
Marsha G. Cormier (Harvard University, Pierce Hall, 29  Oxford Street,
Cambridge MA 02138, e-mail [email-masked])

------------------------------

End of NA Digest
**************************
-------