Subject: NA Digest V87 #54

From: NA Digest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed 10 Jun 87 17:16:11 PDT

NA Digest   Wednesday, June 10, 1987   Volume 87 : Issue 54

This weeks Editor: Gene Golub

Today's Topics:

                         HYP. Conf. in Aachen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:     Mon,  08 Jun 87 16:16:08 CET
From: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject:  HYP. Conf. in Aachen

Hyperbolic Problems, Theory, Numerical Methods and Applications -
Second International Conference, RWTH Aachen, March, 14-18, 1988
2nd Announcement and 1st Call for Papers
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Objective
The first international conference on Hyperbolic Problems was held
in St. Etienne, in 1986. The proceedings were published in the
series: Lecture Notes in Mathematics (Springer, Heidelberg 1987).
Systems of nonlinear hyperbolic problems play an important role in
science and technology, e.g. aerodynamics, multiphasic flows with
cavitation, nonlinear waves in solids, flow in porous media, plasma
physics, astrophysics, combustion problems, nonequilibrium flows,
extraction, biology. In the last few years, significant advances
have been made in the exact and approximate solution of systems of
nonlinear hyperbolic equations and their applications. The aim of
the conference is to bring together scientists in the field for a
presentation of recent results and to discuss future research. The
main topics are:
1. Theory of nonlinear hyperbolic systems
2. Numerical methods for solving these systems
3. Applications.

Scientific Committee
Y. Zhu, Academia Sinica, Beijing
Z. Wesolowski, Polish Academy of Sciences
C. Weiland, MBB, Munich
P. Raviart, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau
Y. Shokin, USSR Academy of Sciences
M. Pandolfi, Politecnico di Torino
S. Osher, UCLA
O. Oleinik, Moscow University
T. Liu, Univ. of Maryland
B. van Leer, University of Michigan
Ch. Klingenberg, University of Heidelberg
R. Jeltsch, RWTH Aachen
A. Jeffry, Univ. Newcastle upon Tyne
J.D. Hoffman, Purdue University
B. Gustafsson, University of Uppsala
A. Donato, University of Messina
C. Dafermos, Brown University
C. Carasso, University of St. Etienne
J. Ballmann, RWTH Aachen

Call for Papers
At the conference we will have invited 40 minutes lectures and
contributed 40 minutes lectures  and 20 minutes talks. Contribu-
tions are sought in the above mentioned areas. The abstract should
be at least two pages and at most 4 pages including figures and
references. 40 minutes lectures have to be of interest for all par-
ticipants of the conference. The scientific committee will select
the papers. When submitting the abstract please note that we intend
to provide the participants at the beginning of the conference with
the abstracts. Hence it would be helpful to give pertinent referen-
ces as well as information which is difficult for the audience to
write down during your presentation.
If after the refereeing process changes of the abstracts are neces-
sary the final  version should be in our hands by January 20, 1988.

Organization
Josef Ballmann, RWTH Aachen
Rolf Jeltsch, RWTH Aachen

Registration fee                                 150,-- DM
Reduced rate for registration
before Febrary 15, 1988:                         120,-- DM

The payment must be made in German marks. Please refer to Confer-
ence on Hyperbolic Problems and state your name on all money trans-
fer. Payment may be remitted as follows:
- by Bank transfer to Prof. Ballmann/Jeltsch
  Account nr. 2083947, Deutsche Bank, Aachen, BLZ 390 700 20
- by EUROCHEQUE

Conference language will be English.
The full proceedings will be published in book form.
We shall make an effort to provide some financial support.

Schedule
October 15, 1987        deadline for submission of abstracts
December 31, 1987       notification of authors
January 20, 1988        deadline for camera-ready abstracts
January 20, 1988        mailing of preliminary programme and
                        application forms.
February 15, 1988       deadline for early registration
March 13, 1988          late registration during the conference
April 30, 1988          deadline for camera-ready manuscripts
                        for the proceedings

Office:
Rolf Jeltsch
Institut fuer Geometrie und
Praktische Mathematik
RWTH Aachen
D-5100 Aachen, Fed.Rep. of Germany
Phone +49-241-80 3950

E-mail:  Institute:  EARN/BITNET:IGPM@DACTH51
         Rolf Jeltsch:  Arpanet:      NA.Jeltsch@SU-Score
                        EARN/BITNET:  JELTSCH@DACTH51
Telex: thac d 832704
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you have not already done so, please return this part
  Second International Conference on
  Hyperbolic Problems, Theory, Numerical
  Methods and Applications

I shall participate                 yes / no
I intend to give a lecture          yes / no
I want to receive further
information                         yes / no

Name:
Afiliation:
Street:
City:                               Country:
Electronic mail address:

Attention: There will be a conference on "Nonlinear Hyperbolic Problems"
           in the week following the above conference, namely March 21 -25
           1988 in Bordeaux.
           To get more information on this other conference contact:

            Prof. Jean-Luc Loly
            University of Bordeaux 1
            Mathematics and computer Science
            351 cours de la Liberation
            33405 TALENCE cedex

------------------------------

End of NA Digest
**************************
-------