Subject: NA Digest V87 #51

From: NA Digest <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue 2 Jun 87 17:54:55 PDT

NA Digest   Tuesday, June  2, 1987   Volume 87 : Issue 51

This weeks Editor: Gene Golub

Today's Topics:

            ARGONNE SUMMER INSTITUTE IN PARALLEL COMPUTING
                        Word Processing System

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 1 Jun 87 16:27:03 cdt
From: [email-masked] (Jack Dongarra)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ARGONNE SUMMER INSTITUTE IN PARALLEL COMPUTING

SUMMER INSTITUTE IN PARALLEL COMPUTING

   A Two-Week Institute at the Advanced Computing Research Facility
   Mathematics and Computer Science Division
   Argonne National Laboratory
   September 8-18, 1987 

Summer Institute Faculty                   Computer Facilities

C. Gordon Bell, NSF                  ALLIANT FX/8 (8 processors)
Bill Buzbee, NCAR                    ENCORE MULTIMAX (20 processors)
Josh Fisher, Multiflow Computer      INTEL iPSC HYPERCUBE (32 processors)
Dave Kuck, CSRD, UIUC                INTEL iPSC HYPERCUBE (16 processors,
Neil Lincoln, ETA Systems                  with vector capability)
Chuck Seitz, Cal Tech                SEQUENT BALANCE (24 processors)
Larry Smarr, NCSA, UIUC	
Burton Smith, Inst. for Defense Analyses
Guy Steele, Thinking Machines

Eligibility and Selection Criteria

  Institute limited to 25 graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
  Participants expected to carry out a computing project.
  Preference given to those likely to advance parallel computing research.
  Only one person from the same institution and department accepted.
  Applications due July 15, 1987, supported by a letter of recommendation.

Note: Participants will receive free lodging during the period
September 7-17 and a stipend for meals and incidental expenses.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to $750.

For further information, write or call

Teri Huml
Mathematics and Computer Science Division
Building 221
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, Illinois  60439-4844
312-972-7163

The Institute is supported by the National Science Foundation 
and the U.S. Department of Energy.

------------------------------

From: [email-masked]
Date: 1 June 87 15:57-MST
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Word Processing System

To:   [email-masked]
From: Hans Mittelmann, [email-masked], (na.mittelmann)

The Mathematics Department at Arizona State University will very soon
acquire a new open (networked) scientific word processing system with
laser printers and text setting capabilities.
I am thankful for any recommendations, suggestions, information and
experiences you are willing to share with me. We may have to make a
decision later this week. Thanks very much.

------------------------------

End of NA Digest
**************************
-------