Subject: NA Digest V87 #38

From: NA Digest <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed 29 Apr 87 18:48:58 PDT

NA Digest   Wednesday, April 29, 1987   Volume 87 : Issue 38

This weeks Editor: Gene Golub

Today's Topics:

                           Field of Values
                  Hypercube Conference Announcement

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 28 Apr 87 14:28:00 GMT+492:48
From: "GUGLIELMO GENE" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Field of Values
To: "na" <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "GUGLIELMO GENE" <[email-masked]>

        I would like to get in touch with anyone who might have computational
experience with the field of values and the numerical radius of a complex
matrix.  I would also like to know of any papers, reports, software, and
interesting examples.

                                          Gary Hewer
                                          SEFMATH@NWC-143B

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 87 18:27:27 PDT
From: [email-masked] (Paul Messina)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Hypercube Conference Announcement

                   FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

                                    FOR

                     THE THIRD CONFERENCE ON HYPERCUBE

                   CONCURRENT COMPUTERS AND APPLICATIONS

PURPOSE:

   The Third Conference on Hypercube Concurrent Computers and Applications
(HCCA3) will cover all aspects of hardware, systems software and application
programs for concurrent computers of the hypercube and compatible
architectures.   Given the maturity of hypercube systems, we particularly 
solicit contributed papers on substantial applications undertaken on the 
hypercube and on comparisons of hypercubes with other computer architectures.

ORGANIZATION:

     The host institution for HCCA3 is the Jet Propulsion Laboratory of the 
California Institute of Technology.  The General Chairman of the HCCA3 will 
be Dr. Terry Cole,  Chief Technologist of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.  The 
Program Committee Chairman will be Prof. Geoffrey Fox of Caltech.

SESSIONS: 

      Session chairpersons will be appointed by the Program Committee and will
determine the format and content of their sessions.     Sessions will include 
invited talks, contributed papers and poster sessions.  All relevant papers
will be accepted for poster sessions.  Details of the Session formats will 
follow in the Second Announcement.

CONTRIBUTED PAPERS:

     Authors who wish to contribute papers should submit three copies of a 
one-page typewritten abstract to the address below.  Deadline for submission  
is 1 August 1987.  Contributors will be notified regarding the acceptance of 
their abstracts before 1 October 1987.  Conference abstracts will be available
at the meeting.  In addition to the contributed papers, there will be 
"mini-sessions" on particular themes. Authors who wish to organize a 
"mini-sessions" are encouraged to submit a description of the topic area and
a tentative list of speakers and titles for their "mini-session". Abstracts
and inquiries should be sent to:

	Dr. Andrew Witkowski
	Jet Propulsion Laboratory
	Mail Stop 138-208
	Pasadena, California 91109, USA
	(818) 354-2244
        ARPAnet [email-masked]

PLACE:  

    The technical sessions will be held at the Pasadena Convention Center in
Pasadena, California.

DATE:  19, 20 January 1988.

ACCOMMODATIONS:

     The official conference hotels will be the Pasadena Hilton Hotel and 
Pasadena Holiday Inn.  

SPONSORS:

     Department of Energy, Strategic Defense Initiative Office, Joint
Technical Fusion Office, NASA, and U.S. Air Force.

------------------------------

End of NA Digest
**************************
-------