Subject: NA Digest V87 #22

From: NA Digest <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun 15 Mar 87 10:02:26 PST

NA Digest   Sunday, March 15, 1987   Volume 87 : Issue 22

This weeks Editor: Gene Golub

Today's Topics:

      Program Director Position in Advanced Scientific Computing

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Program Director Position in Advanced Scientific Computing
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 87 12:11:18 -0500
From:  Melvyn Ciment <[email-masked]>

The NSF Directorate for Computer and Information Science & Engineering 
(under Gordon Bell ) has formed a new program in Computational Science 
and Engineering that is currently being administered by Mel Ciment , 
Deputy Director, Division of Advanced Scientific Computing. The program 
is being directed to interface with the goals of the broader , more general
NSF-wide Initiative in Computational Science & Engineering. The CISE/CSE
Initiative will focus on supporting interdisciplinary research teams 
addressing issues of scientific computing that arise in large scale modelling
in scientific and engineering applications including , but not limited to:
 novel computational strategies, parallel computation, visualization &
 graphics, software algorithms and tools, performance evaluation,
 networking & communication systems and advanced computational technologies.
 ( A "Dear Colleague" Letter describing this program in greater detail has
   recently been widely circulated in paper and electronic copy) 

The Division of Advanced Scientific Computing is interested in identifying
suitable candidates who might serve either as a rotator or as a permanent
program director for this emerging program.

Persons interested in serving in such a position must have specialization 
and extensive experience in a multi-disciplinary computational science 
research environment.

Please respond with your inquiries and recommendations to 
Dr. Melvyn Ciment
Dep. Director, Div. Advanced Scientific Computing
Room 533
1800 G Street , N.W.
Washington ,D.C. 20550

Tel. 202-357-9776
Electronic Mail Address: [email-masked]

------------------------------

End of NA Digest
**************************
-------