Subject: NA Digest V87 #15

From: NA Digest <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu 12 Mar 87 00:00:40 PST

NA Digest   Thursday, March 12, 1987   Volume 87 : Issue 15

This weeks Editor: Gene Golub

Today's Topics:

                        Director of MCS at ANL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Mar 87 15:56:05 cst
From: [email-masked] (Jim Cody)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Director of MCS at ANL

    DIRECTOR OF THE MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE DIVISION
                   ARGONNE NATIONAL LABORATORY

   Applications are invited for the position of Director of the
   Mathematics and Computer Science (MCS) Division of Argonne
   National Laboratory.  The Director is responsible for the
   overall scientific quality of the division's research
   programs. Important aspects of this responsibility are
   long-range planning, establishing divisional policy and
   priorities, preparing research and funding proposals, and
   interacting with funding agencies and other research
   establishments. The MCS Division has vigorous programs in
   advanced computing, applied analysis, computational
   mathematics, software engineering, and automated reasoning.
   The MCS Division is also responsible for running the
   Advanced Computing Research Facility which is operated as a
   national user facility for state-of-the-art parallel
   computers.

   Applicants should have a Ph.D in mathematics or computer
   science with a minimum of 5 years of research experience,
   and at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory
   position. Candidates from other disciplines with a strong
   background and research interest in mathematics and computer
   science will be considered.

   Additional information can be obtained from W. J. Cody,
   Chairman Search Committee, Mathematics and Computer Science
   Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois,
   60439, (312) 972-7231, arpa: [email-masked].  Applicants
   should send a resume to R. A. Johns, Appointments Officer,
   Box D-MCS-28290-83, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne,
   Illinois, 60439.  Applications will be accepted until the
   position is filled.

   Argonne National Laboratory, located 25 miles southeast of
   Chicago, is a multidisciplinary laboratory operated by the
   University of Chicago for the U.S. Department of Energy.
   Argonne National Laboratory is an Affirmative Action Equal
   Opportunity Employer.

------------------------------

End of NA Digest
**************************
-------