From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 86 00:38:39 cst

-----INPUT/OUTPUT FILE DEFINITIONS FOR LEVAL AND LEVEC-----

Below is a listing of the input/output files which are accessed by the
real symmetric Lanczos eigenvalue program, LEVAL.  Included also is a
sample of the input file which LEVAL requires on file 5.  The parameters
supplied in this file are in free format.  LEVAL computes
eigenvalues of real symmetric matrices on user-specified intervals.

SAMPLE DEFINITIONS OF THE INPUT/OUTPUT FILES FOR LEVAL
------------------------------------------------------------------
*LEVAL EXEC LANCZOS EIGENVALUE CALCULATION REAL SYMMETRIC MATRICES
FI 06 TERM
FILEDEF  1 DISK &1        NHISTORY  A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
FILEDEF  2 DISK &1        HISTORY   A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
FILEDEF  3 DISK &1        GOODEV    A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
FILEDEF  4 DISK &1        ERRINV    A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
FILEDEF  5 DISK LEVAL     INPUT     A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
FILEDEF  8 DISK &1        INPUT     A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
FILEDEF 11 DISK &1        DISTINCT  A (RECFM F LRECL 80 BLOCK 80
LOAD   LEVAL   LESUB   LEMULT
-------------------------------------------------------------------

SAMPLE INPUT FILE FOR LEVAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------
 LANCZOS EIGENVALUE COMPUTATIONS, NO REORTHOGONALIZATION
 TEST MATRIX
LINE 1     N    KMAX    NMEVS     MATNO
         143     429        1    706830
LINE 2   SVSEED    RHSEED      MXINIT    MXSTUR
        7892713    147935           5    100000
LINE 3   ISTART     ISTOP
              0         1
LINE 4       IHIS     IDIST  IWRITE
               1         0       1
LINE 5   RELTOL (RELATIVE TOLERANCE IN 'COMBINING' GOODEV)
    .0000000001
LINE 6   MB(1)   MB(2)   MB(3)   MB(4) (ORDERS OF T(1,MEV))
           190
LINE 7    NINT     (NUMBER OF SUB-INTERVALS FOR BISEC)
             1
LINE 8    LB(1)    LB(2)   LB(3)  (INTERVAL LOWER BOUNDS)
            0.0
LINE 9    UB(1)    UB(2)   UB(3)  (INTERVAL UPPER BOUNDS)
          1.001
-----------------------------------------------------------------