Next: Distributed Memory
Up: Available scientific software
Previous: Available scientific software
Figure 2: Statistics: Chemistry on SMP's
Figure 3: Statistics: Structural Mechanics on SMPs
Figure 4: Statistics:CFDon SMP's
- Cray dominates in all of the three application-fields.
- Fujitsu is strong in chemistry, whereas NEC is stronger in the
structural mechanics and CFD fields.
- Silicon Graphics is very strong in the structural mechanics
business. This is due to the fact that most of the volume in structural mechanics
is done on workstations in small engineering offices.
- Software for the Fujitsu VPP is still in the startup-phase. NAL's
NWT is similar to the VPP, but is a special-purpose machine.
- Generally it can be said, that software on Japanese machines is
much later available than on the machines of US manufacturers because
most application-packages come from outside Japan.
Tue Nov 14 16:00:38 PST 1995