Re: Altivec and ATLAS

Unaligned C is okay - I've written unaligned load and store code for C,
and it results in about a 5 or 10% performance penalty.  My
Altivec-based single-precision L1 matmul is getting in the neighborhood
of 1.2 - 1.3 Gflops on my 533 Mhz G4.  I can probably make it better
than that (scalar code gets about 670 Mflops).

The G4 has prefetch instructions as well, which may improve the copy
performance - right now I have no idea where in ATLAS these instructions
should go though!

-Nick

--
Nicholas Coult, Ph.D.,  web: http://melby.augsburg.edu/~coult
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Augsburg College