ATLAS on the IA64 ?

Dear all,

Has anyone had any success in building ATLAS on an IA64 platform.

So far I have succeeded using gcc but I am disappointed by the performance
(only around 1 Gflops/s).

I have been trying to use the Sgi compiler (sgicc) in the hope that it
understands the architecture better than gcc but with little succees.

The errors are like:
### Out of memory in Allocate_Large_Block
leading to:
ERROR 384 DURING FPU PROBE!!

Has anyone else had better success?
and if so what compiler options did you use?

Yours,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel Kidger                               | E: d.kidger@man.ac.uk
High Performance Computing Group                | W: www.csar.cfs.ac.uk
Manchester Computing, University of Manchester, | T:   +44 161 275 7038
Manchester, M13 9PL, United Kingdom.            | F:   +44 161 275 6800