Next: Application Debugging Hints
Previous: Bug Report Checklist
If the user encounters difficulty in the installation process, we
suggest the following:
- Obtain prebuilt ScaLAPACK and BLACS libraries on netlib
for a variety of architectures.
- Obtain sample SLmake.inc files for a variety of architectures
in the SCALAPACK/INSTALL directory in the scalapack
distribution tar file. Sample Bmake.inc files are
included in the BLACS/BMAKES directory in the blacs distribution
- Consult the ScaLAPACK FAQ list on netlib.
- Consult the errata.scalapack file in the scalapack directory
on netlib, and/or the errata.blacs file
in the blacs directory on netlib. These files contain
a list of known difficulties that have been diagnosed and corrected (or
corrected in the next release), or reported to the vendor as in the case
of message-passing libraries or optimized
- Always run the BLACS, BLAS, and PBLAS test suites to ensure that
these libraries have been properly installed. (If PVM is the underlying
message-passing layer, please also run the PVM test suite.) If a problem
is detected in the BLAS or BLACS libraries, try linking to the reference
implementations to be found in the respective blas or blacs
directory on netlib.
- If ScaLAPACK is being tested on a heterogeneous cluster of
computers, please ensure that all executables are linked with the
same debug level of the BLACS. Otherwise,
unpredictable results will occur because the debug level 1 BLACS (specified
by BLACSDBGLVL=1 in Bmake.inc) perform
error-checking and thus send more messages than the performance debug
level 0 BLACS (specified by BLACSDBGLVL=0 in Bmake.inc).
Tue May 13 09:21:01 EDT 1997