Re: 3dnow

To the masses? I thought I was the only person still owning one!
Seriously, this is actually a nice platform to test. It has some of the
same weaknesses as the Athlon has with repect to code alignment, and since
the 3dnow unit is a completely different unit than the floating point
unit, I get 6 fold speedup using 3dnow. I go from 83 mflops with x87 code
to 470 mflops using 3dnow! So this is perfect for testing the influence of
cleanup code, since the cleanup code generated by Atlas will suck!
compared to the 3dnow! code.

Cheers,

Peter