RE: Speeding up ATLAS build time

Clint,

Here is an updated patch file.  I think this
should work (it seems to work right for me
at any rate).

I chose 2*n because on many serial machines
with many compilers, "-j 2" is more efficient
than "-j 1".  The reader's digest version is
that the system can often overlap I/O with
CPU processing with two jobs.

The dependency information should not be lost,
so everything should work exactly as before,
only faster.

I have added a test for "gmake -j 2" for those
machine with gmake but a broken make.

Please give these patches a spin and let me
know what you think.  Do you have both uni-
processor and SMP machines to play with?

Cheers,

Carl

atlas-3.2.0.patch.tgz