subarch builds

Hi Clint!  Well, it looks like I've got a basic subarch package
going.  For i386, for example, subarch specific builds are under
/usr/lib/{xmm,3dnowext}, etc, which ldso will check first if the cpu
is right.

This gives an install on a 'portable' /usr file system, but I'd like
to see if I could reduce the disk usage somewhat.  Right now I just
build everything for each subarch.

Is there a way to separate out the arch specific kernels into a
separate so, and keep the rest of the atlas library centralized?
I.e. something like libatlas_kernel with all the specific goodies in
it, and libatlas for the driver/generic routines?

Take care,